Dan and Jess
12 May 2018 | Nancarrow Cornwall
With hearts full of happiness, we would love to invite you to join us in the celebration of our wedding.
We're getting married
From the first time we went pebble skimming on 'Carne beach' to discovering the best view in the world on our favourite coastal walk - Cornwall has held a special place in our hearts from the start.
Birthdays, Easter holidays, or simply just because: our Cornish bubble is our first port of call.
It's where we dropped the L bomb. It’s where the stars and silence blows our minds. It’s where we learnt to press pause. And it's why we couldn't think of a more perfect place to say "I do”.
The big day
DAYS TO GO!
12 May 2018
12:30pm - 11:00pm
Nancarrow, Zelah, Truro TR4 9DQ
Please be aware that the sat nav is unreliable so please use our maps below to get there as easy as possible. Or simply type in Nacarrow Farm into Google maps.
Nancarrow is nestled in an idyllic hidden valley near Truro, but is easily accessible via the A30. A bumpy track, lined with old oak trees and ancient Cornish hedgerows will lead you through 100 acres of rolling pasture and sheltered meadows to a family farmhouse.
It is absolutely fine to leave your car overnight (although parking is limited.) Nancarrow just asks that you collect your car by lunchtime the following day, should you want to have a drink or two.
The nearest train station is Truro; a taxi from here takes approximately 20 minutes and there are usually several taxis waiting outside the station.
There are lots of local Taxis in the area, but here are a few that Nancarrow use frequently:
- A2B - 01872 272 989
- St Agnes Taxis - 01872 553795
- 1st Cornish Taxi Co - 0800 074 8481
We wish we could party until the cows come home, but unfortunately music and merriment will wind down around 11pm. We strongly advise pre-booking transport back to your accommodation in advance.
Where to stay
Nancarrow sits amongst beautiful countryside and rolling Cornish farmland, with plenty of neighbouring villages offering a variety of accomodation.
If you’d prefer to be close to the coast, the two nearest towns are St Agnes; a small, cliffside village with trendy surfer vibes and Perranporth; a larger, lively seaside resort with a stunning beach that stretches for miles. Both offer everything from boutique hotels to friendly B&Bs and lots of camping sites.
Please find below a few suggestions of the different types of accomodation the surrounding areas can offer;
- Little Callestock Farm, Zelah - www.callestockcourtyard.com (1 mile)
- Lambriggan Court, Lambriggan - www.lambriggancourt.com (3 miles)
- Oakridge Farm, Bodmin Road, Goonhavern, Cornwall TR4 9QG, 01872 540596 (3 miles)
- Cornish Boltholes, St Agnes – www.cornishboltholes.co.uk (6 miles)
- Homestead Farm, Truro - www.homesteadfarmcornwall.co.uk (3 miles)
- Newmill Cottage B&B, Truro - www.newmillcottage.co.uk (3 miles)
- The Townhouse, Truro - www.trurotownhouse.com (4 miles)
- Truro Lodge, Truro - www.trurolodge.co.uk (4 miles)
- Bodrean Manor Farm, Truro - www.bodreanmanorfarm.co.uk (6 miles)
- The Alverton, Truro - www.thealverton.co.uk (4 miles)
- Mannings, Truro - www.manningshotels.co.uk (4 miles)
- The County Arms, Truro - www.countyarmstruro.com (4.5 miles)
- Trevellan Farm Cottage, Zelah Rd, TR4 9DF, 01872 241707 (2 miles)
- Summer Valley Touring Park, Truro - www.summervalley.co.uk (3 miles)
- Trevella Park, Crantock, Newquay - www.trevella.co.uk (8 miles)
- To experience Cornwall like a local, check out Airbnb for a unique and reasonable choice of stay.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if we can help at all or point you in the right direction.
Make a weekend of it
For those that want to make the most of the journey down, there are a couple of things we are organising to make it even 'Moore' of a special occasion.
The wedding party will be having dinner at The Beach Hut at Watergate Bay from 7pm.https://www.watergatebay.co.uk/food-and-drink/the-beach-hut/
Please feel free to book a table, join us for a ‘wedding eve’ drink or simply pop by and say hi!
Our wedding day!
For those not needing to rush off, we would love to invite you back to Nancarrow for a cornish afternoon tea from 1pm.
'Moore' bits and bobs
‘Nans’ means ‘valley’ in Cornish and ‘Carow’ is ‘stag’ – these inspiring creatures are still seen regularly, roaming their peaceful fields so expect to meet a few interesting ‘guests’ throughout the day.
Produce from the farm is integral to Nancarrow. Everything is completely influenced by the farms surroundings – from the animals they rear to the hedgerows they grow.
There is (of course!) an on-site bar but for your information please note, the bar can only accept cash payment and there is not a cash machine on site.
Everybody loves confetti at a wedding! And so do Nancarrow, they just ask for it to be made of natural materials like flowers. i.e. not paper or rice please.
This little piggy stayed at home
We're really sorry but unfortunately we are unable to extend this invitation to children (other than close family.) We hope that you understand and see this as an opportunity to let your hair down and enjoy the party with us!
Your presence is our present.
The best gift you could give us, is to celebrate with us on our special day! We don’t expect anything but should you wish to make a gesture, we would really appreciate a contribution towards our dream honeymoon - a taste of paradise in the Maldives!
Please go to kuoni.co.uk and reference our gift list number: 34087. Thank You.